Leadership - The Art of Aligning and Engaging Your Organization
One fundamental role for leaders is to create a focus and direction for their organization so that they can achieve what is important for the survival of the company. Typical approaches are based on Strategy Development, Management by Objectives, Hoshin Planning, and others. Most of these processes are on an annual cycle but at the end of the cycle, the organization learns that their objectives were not achieved. Often there are too many objectives that are not properly aligned and there is not recognition of how these objectives fit into the normal processes that people are engaged in every day. At the end of the cycle, they create new objectives for the next cycle expecting things to improve. Unfortunately, these program approaches fail to properly align and engage the organization for achieving realistic and high leverage goals.
This workshop takes a different approach to achieving business objectives using what we have learned about problem solving at the leadership level and creating a culture of aligned problem solvers.
What Will You Learn?
- How to identify the critically important gaps to close based on meeting your business needs
- How to define your organization in terms of value streams
- How to align your organization around the critical gaps to close based on value stream thinking
- How to engage your organization to achieve the performance improvement needed
- How to identify other practices that might be keeping you from meeting your objectives
Who Should Attend?
- Leaders and Managers who are interested in making a profound change in performance for their organizations
- Leaders and Managers who want to understand how to apply these leadership principles within their organizations
- Managers with experience in lean transformations who have found it difficult to achieve the benefits of Lean
This workshop is created and instructed by LTG Partner, Jim Luckman.